love artstyle and gameplay :D nice game
Machine Gun Gardener
Progress to the next level by continuously keeping all four of your garden's health meters above zero. If at any point their health meter reaches 0, the game is over.
Keep gardens healthy by clearing the area and standing inside the damaged zones to heal and progress.
Unlock power-up rewards and perks along the way by completing levels.
Pick off enemies one by one with your blaster or cause mass destruction by combining special weapon attacks, the choice is yours. The fate of your gardens rests in your hands!
Keyboard + Mouse:
- Walk: WASD
- Run: Shift
- Jump: Space
- Look: Mouse (Adjustable sensitivity in Options)
- Shoot: Left Mouse
- Fire Secondary Weapon: Right Mouse / R
- Cycle Special Weapons: 1-4 on keyboard or mouse wheel
- Quit Game (Mac & PC): Esc
- Pause + Menu: Tab
- Pause: C
- Upgrade system for enhancing weapons and abilities
- 2 differently chaotic game modes to play
- 4 diversely destructive special weapons
- Custom ending screen based off your game play
- Physics based explosions for unpredictable destruction
- Low poly, vibrant colorful graphics
- WebGL, Windows and Mac support
- Helpful tips at the start of each play through
- Randomized rewards for level progression
- Options for mouse sensitivity and inverting Y look axis
- High score display during gameplay to compete against yourself
• Waypoint Indicators by Studio11508
• “Call to the Cows” by Kevin MacLeod
• “Corncob Country” by Kevin MacLeod
• “Guts and Bourbon” by Kevin MacLeod
• “Lost Native” by Nat Keefe with The Bow Ties
• Trailer Music: “Chiptuned ROck Music” by Bertz
• Calaboose & Nickname created by Jakob Fischer
Windows Install Instructions
- Download .zip file
- Extract all from .zip
- Right-click .exe file
- Select "Run as administrator"
Mac Install Instructions
- Download .zip file
- Double-click .zip file to extract
- Control-click the app icon
- Choose "Open" from the shortcut menu.
- A dialog box will pop up. Click "Open"
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Machine Gun Gardener Gets Controller Support!Sep 07, 2021
- Machine Gun Gardener Launches Horde Mode, An Upgrade System, And An EndingFeb 06, 2021
- Off-screen Indicators for Garden Health AddedOct 05, 2020
- Challenge Yourself! High score functionality addedSep 18, 2020
- Machine Gun Gardener LAUNCHESSep 13, 2020
- I wasn't planning on making this gameAug 12, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really like your game but how do i unlock the secret level?
Hi there, thanks for your comment! The Horde Mode level can be accessed by clicking "Start" then clicking the next arrow then clicking "Play". Horde mode is intentionally hard and might require some unlocking of upgrades to beat. Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks for playing!
game lagy mouse sensitivity to high I can't do crap and my fps is too high
Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear the game was laggy. Were you playing the browser version? If so, try clearing your browser cache or download a Mac or PC version instead.
For mouse sensitivity, there's an option in the controls to adjust.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for posting! I have no idea why your comments keep getting suspended. Your walk-through video looks awesome.
Show post...Kill them :)
i really wish this ran smoothly (it currently runs at a rate of 2.5 fps) on my computer because this looks like tons of fun, but its old, so once i get my new one i will definitely come back to this
Yikes, that's no good. I built this game on a 10 year old HP EliteBook 8740w laptop, so I notice it chokes up in later levels as more enemies spawn in at once. But I've never experienced 2.5fps. I also notice lower performance when playing directly in the browser. Definitely try downloading this to a faster machine, would be great to get your thoughts on the game. Thanks for the review!
***Updated Oct 27, 2020***
Recently I noticed that every WebGL game I was playing using Google Chrome was giving my really bad FPS, however, things ran smoothly in FireFox. I updated Google Chrome to the latest version and WebGL games run smoother now. Hope this helps.
Need more BOMBS!!!!
That makes me so happy to hear, what an honor! I'm glad you enjoyed that game and was able to figure out how totally destructive the flamethrower can be!
honestly really fun! pretty hard though, my only complaint really is when your not in full screen if you trying to look around and your cusor gors outside the game, you have to drag it back in. but thats probobly itchs fault
Hi Chaos315, thanks for the kind words and comment. Try clicking into the game again after pressing "Start" that should keep you cursor from going outside the embed window. But honestly, you'll get a better experience playing in full screen!
cool game! love the music too haha
Show post...I like it please make more games
Thank you! Awesome gameplay. I'm planning on adding some extras, like high score, achievements, two more locations along with some new enemy surprises. More to come!
Really enjoyed this game and it is in my Top 5 of this week!
Check my video. Subscribe my Youtube Channel if you like!
Thanks for choosing my game for your Top 5 this week! I also subscribed to your channel as peter11508.
takes long to load
Sorry to hear that. I purposely added a 5 second "loading" screen to give the player enough time to read the random tip at the bottom of the screen and also to act as a transition into playing the game. Hopefully the tips are worth the wait. To your point, maybe I should add a "skip" button?
Very good game, fun and cute
This Game is so fun its very endless amounts of fun
Awesome!!! I absolutely loved it!!
Hello, Studio 11508, played your game! Thought it was very fun and enjoyable. So I made a video. How you will enjoy!
Thanks for taking the time to make a gameplay video of MGG! I love your video, your commentary is hilarious! I checked out your YouTube channel and subscribed as peter11508. Great stuff there!
Amazing game dev :D i hope you enjoy my gameplay
great gameplay I used a lot of the bomb power-ups. I like explosion in game!
Thank you :) , yeah i love explosions too lol
Awesome game play video! It's so cool to watch you play the game and how you used the power-ups! Really made my day to watch. Like AverageWill, your commentary was making lol. I also subscribed to your channel as peter11508. Thanks again for making my day!!
Loved watching your play-through, I'm super honored that you took the time to make this vid. It really helps me a lot to see how people play the game and if they understand what to do. You did an outstanding job making use of the power-ups to defend your garden! Thanks again!
i wanth this game for console ps4 :P
That's really nice of you to say. I would like to develop this game further to make it console-worthy, like adding more locations, weapons, and enemy types. I would also like to include a story mode as well, so lots more fun to come!